Keeping Our Students Safe & Healthy
The health and safety of our dancers and their families is of utmost importance to us. In response to COVID-19 and in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the MN Department of Health, CDC and WHO, Metro Dance Center has developed the following policies, protocols and procedures.
Policies & Expectations
- Dancers should not enter the studio until 5 minutes prior to the class start time. It is important we have time to clean the studio between classes and we have limited space in the main areas for waiting.
- Everyone entering the studio must wear a mask. Dancers are required to wear their masks at all times (other than for short water breaks). This is required as a result of Gov. Walz Executive Order.
- Dancers should bring as little as possible with them to class. Dancers must come fully dressed and ready to go and should only bring a small bag with their dance shoes and water bottle. Dance bags must be brought into the studio with the dancer.
- To minimize crowding, parents are encouraged to drop dancers off and leave the studio while their child is in class. We realize this may not be possible with some of the younger dancers and we will have limited space for parents who need to wait with their dancer.
- Dancers should be picked up promptly at the end of class.
- Dancers are expected to maintain proper social distancing when in the studio. Hallways and classrooms will be marked accordingly.
- Parents are expected to take their dancer’s temperature prior to coming to the studio. Dancers are expected to have a fever of 99.9 or less for at least 72 hours with no medication.
- Anyone with any symptoms of COVID-19, including but not limited to, cough and/or shortness of breath, loss of taste and/or smell, etc. may not enter the studio.
- Anyone who have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 may not enter the studio.
- Everyone entering the studio will be asked several health questions to ensure they aren’t experiencing any of the symptoms listed above.
- Classrooms are clearly marked to ensure proper social distancing. Students will be assigned to their own “section” in the classroom.
- Toys, props and all other “shared” items have been removed from the classrooms and will not be used.
- Classes are scheduled with a 10 minute break between. All high contact areas will be wiped down between each class.
- Each night the studio will be fully and thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.